Los Angeles Work Visa Lawyer

Maison Law Immigration can cover all your needs in Los Angeles, whether you’re seeking asylum or trying to enter the country with a work visa. We can offer legal guidance and support through the process and make sure you have what you need to get to work in Los Angeles. Contact us now to schedule a consultation with our team.

Why Would You Need Our Lawyers?

A work visa can offer you and your family an invaluable opportunity. That said, many immigrants looking to make it to Los Angeles or anywhere else in the United States face a daunting process. There’s no requirement that says you need a lawyer to help you, but having our team on your side can streamline this difficult process. Here’s how we can help:

  • Evaluating your case – Our team will review your qualifications to see if you meet the requirements for a work visa.
  • Helping you with the application – We’ll handle the paperwork for your work visa, and keep you updated throughout the process.
  • Communicating – We’ll communicate with USCIS on your behalf, handling any questions they may have about your application and resolving any issues that arise.
  • Preparing you for an interview – If you need to attend an interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy, we’ll guide you on what to expect and help you prepare effectively.
  • Ongoing support – Once you enlist our services, we’ll continue supporting you throughout the work visa process, including extensions, changes of employer, or transitioning to permanent residency.

Our experienced team is dedicated to providing you with valuable expertise and guidance, ensuring that your work visa application is accurately filed and presented in the best possible light to USCIS.

What Types of Work Visas Are There?

One of the best things about working in Los Angeles is that it offers a wide variety of different types of visas you can obtain. This will allow you the ability to not only enter the country, but start putting together a life here. Here’s a look at some of the more common work visas:

  • H-1B visa – Probably the most widely used work visa in Los Angeles is the H-1B visa. It’s for specialty occupation workers who have highly specialized knowledge in fields such as engineering, IT, medicine, and others.
  • O-1 visa – Commonly known as the “artist visa,” the O-1 visa is a great option for those looking to take advantage of Los Angeles and its access to the entertainment industry. It’s made for those with specialized skills or a record of achievement in arts, sciences, education, or athletics.
  • L-1 visa – This visa is for intra-company transferees, allowing companies to transfer employees from an overseas office to a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary office in Los Angeles.
  • E-2 visa – Entrepreneurs and investors from certain countries with treaties of commerce and navigation with the United States can apply for the E-2 visa to start or invest in a business in Los Angeles.
  • J-1 visa – This visa is used for exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, education, and research. It’s commonly seen in Los Angeles universities and research institutions.
  • B-1 visa – While primarily a business visitor visa, the B-1 visa can also be used for short-term work assignments, such as attending meetings, conferences, or training sessions in Los Angeles.

The type of work visa that you’re going after is, obviously, going to depend on your skillset. With that said, Los Angeles has an extremely diverse economy and work opportunities. This makes it a popular destination for workers.

What’s the Process For a Work Visa?

Because it’s such an important step for many immigrants, the work visa process can be extremely competitive and stressful. Our team takes pride in our approach and our ability to reduce this stress. Still, there’s a process for getting these visas:

  • Job offer – The employer must request the visa for the foreign worker by submitting paperwork to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). They need to provide info about the job, the company, and the worker’s qualifications.
  • Salary check – The employer must also ensure that the worker will be paid fairly by getting a salary determination from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). This ensures they’ll earn the standard wage for their job in that area.
  • Application process – Once the USCIS approves the paperwork, the foreign worker can apply for the visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country. They need to show evidence of their qualifications, like education and job experience.
  • Visa approval – If everything checks out, the worker gets the green light to enter the U.S. and start working for the sponsoring employer. Different work visas have different lengths. For example, an H-1B visa allows you to stay in the country between three and six years.

Again, this process can be challenging. At the same time, the potential payoff can be enormous and life-changing for you and your family. And remember, throughout the entire process, you can turn to our team for support and guidance.

Contact Maison Immigration For Work Visa Help in Los Angeles

At Maison Immigration, we can help you through the work visa process. Our experienced lawyers will guide you through the process, providing personalized assistance for your application. We’ll carefully assess your eligibility and advise you on the best strategy going forward. Don’t go through the process alone. Contact us today for a consultation to get started.