Tulare Immigration and Green Card Lawyer

Without the assistance and counsel of a knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer, the process involved in obtaining lawful permanent residency in the United States can be complicated, lengthy and tiring. By far, the most common type of permanent residency sought in Tulare is based on a family relationship, commonly called family-based immigration. The Bakersfield immigration lawyers at Maison Law Immigration Lawyers can help you or your family with green card issues that might be blocking your objectives. We can help you and keep you fully advised on the status of your immigration through every step of the process.

Family-Based Green Cards for Immediate Relatives

If you’re a United States citizen, Maison Law Immigration Lawyers can be of great assistance to you in the following types of family-based immigration visa applications:

  • IR for an immediate relative for a parent or a spouse or an unmarried child under the age of 21.
  • F1 if you’re sponsoring a son or daughter who is over the age of 21.
  • F3 is your son or daughter is already married.
  • F4 if you wish to sponsor a brother or sister.

There are no annual limits on the number of family-based green cards that are issued for immediate relatives.

Family-Based Immigration for Permanent Residents

If you’re a permanent resident who wishes to sponsor a relative through family-based immigration, Maison Law Immigration Lawyers can be of great help in getting the following two types of visas. Take notice that there are annual limits on the number of these visas that can be issued for these visas every year.

  • F2A for spouse and children who aren’t married and under the age of 21.
  • F2B for unmarried sons or daughters who are over the age of 21.

Family-Based Green Cards Based on Preference

Other family members are eligible for family-based green cards based on preference, but there are also limits on how many of such visas are issued every year. Talk with one of our lawyers at Maison Law Immigration Lawyers, and he or she will be pleased to advise you on green cards based on preference.


Any sponsor of a petition for a family-based green card must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States and living in this country. He or she must be able to support the family member being sponsored. There might be times when co-sponsors will be considered. A medical examination by a designated physician is required of any intending immigrant. Any applicant over the age of 16 or who is being processed through a consulate is required to provide a police certificate as to whether he or she has a criminal history.

The government and the various courts in the United States have a strong belief in family unity. It was immigrants and their families who built the United States, and now, they continue to build it even better. Maison Law Immigration Lawyers wants to help. Our practice is concentrated on immigration, and we want to see your family become educated and prosper in the United States. Contact us with your immigration questions so that we can help you and your family fulfill your dreams.