Shafter Immigration and Green Card Lawyer

Obtaining a “green card” allows a foreign national to live and work in the United States. It also opens the door to acquiring United States citizenship. If you live in or around Shafter, the office of Maison Law Immigration Lawyers is right down the road in Bakersfield.  Most lawful permanent residents in and around Shafter obtained their green cards through family-based immigration. We’ve helped many families in this regard. We can be of great help to you and your sponsor in getting your application and supporting materials right the first time. There is no waste of time and money with Maison Law Immigration Lawyers. Once you obtain a green card, you have the right to live and work here in the United States for the rest of your life, so long as you’re not convicted of certain criminal offenses. You need only renew your card once every 10 years

You’re Required to Have a Sponsor

A foreign national can’t just apply for permanent residency in the United States. He or she must have a sponsor, and that sponsor must be either a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident. Even if you’re a sponsor, you’ll need Maison Law Immigration Lawyers to help you navigate the complicated and confusing green card application process for the following types of permanent residency visas. There is no annual limit on these types of approvals either.

  • IR for an immediate relative or a parent or spouse or an unmarried child under the age of 21.
  • F1 if you intend to sponsor a son or daughter who is more than 21-years-old.
  • F3 for a son or daughter who is already married.
  • F4 for a sponsor to sponsor a brother or sister.

Family-Based Immigration for Permanent Residents

A permanent resident can sponsor a relative for purposes of family-based immigration too. Even though there are annual limits on how many of such applications can be approved every year, Maison Law Immigration Lawyers can expedite the application process for you. Permanent residents can sponsor the following individuals:

  • A spouse and children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age pursuant to the F2A category.
  • Unmarried sons and daughters over 21 pursuant to the F2B category.

Sponsor Minimum Income for 2022

At this point in time, a family-based immigration sponsor must have an income of at least $22,887 for in order to bring one relative into the country. This amount might be higher in certain states, territories or the District of Columbia. Depending on the circumstances, a co-sponsor might be considered. Medical exams by a designated physician are required of any intending immigrant, and police checks are required for anybody over 16 years of age.

The United States has strong beliefs in family ties. We recognize the fact that it was immigrants who built our great country, and now, we need immigrants to build our nation even better. Here at Maison Law Immigration Lawyers, we want to help both sponsors and their family members. Our practice is focused on immigration, and we want to see your family succeed here in the United States. Contact us so we can help your family be together again and fulfill your dreams.